The one thing we always have to remember is that everyone is different. What might work for one person, may not work for yourself. It can come down to a bit of individual tiral and error.†However, I will talk about a few different techniques you try†to help calm and destress your own mind and body. Sometimes it is so much easier said then done, but being kind to yourself, has to be one of the hardest lessons to learn.†Please try to not constantly fill your mind with negative, hateful comments.†If you wouldn't say it to your bestfriend, why are you allowed to say it to yourself? There is no much influence out there these days, and I understand it can be hard to switch off and pratice self love, but honestly if you are persistant and keep trying it is possible for you to create a healthy, positive mindset which will change your whole outlook on life. Here are a few ideas for you to try, to help clam the mind, they are simple but effective. I encourage to give each one a go, you may hear people say them all the them, but trust me they honestly do work.†
- Go for a walk. I find people either love or hate this one, no inbetween really. However you can listen to your favoruite music or just concentrate on each foot hitting the ground, this will allow for a distraction from the stresses running through your mind (This one is a personal favourite of mine).
- Sit in a quite spot and read a book or magazine. I know this one is so common and people say it all the time.†But if you are someone who can get lost in a good book, this is the one for you. It allows for your imagination to wonder and explore, ultimately†creating a positive mindset.††
- Just sit a breathe. To do this one, close your eyes, take a deep breathe in, hold for 3 seconds, release, hold for three seconds, repeat. It might sound silly to start with, but I use this one a lot, sometimes you get so caught up in a moment you just need to sit breathe and reset.†(This is very effective and can be done almost anywhere)
- lie down and place your legs up against a wall, close your eyes and stay here for 8†minutes. At the start of this exercise it may be hard to stay there for a whole 8†minutes, but trust me, like anything your body will adjut to it, and will go into a stress free zone. Just give it a chance.†
- Workout. However when I say workout, I don't mean going to the gym and smashing youself. Yes, it can be a HITT workout, however it can also be something more gentle on the body such as yoga or pilates. Just move the body and realease those endoprhins. I promise it make you feel a million times better.
If you do try any of these and they do happen to work for you, let me know.†